A $10,000 cash-only bond was set Friday for a man who allegedly took a wallet off a counter at the Wal-Mart Supercenter.

A $10,000 cash-only bond was set Friday for a man who allegedly took a wallet off a counter at the Wal-Mart Supercenter.


Pine Bluff District Judge John Kearney set the bond after ruling prosecutors had probable cause to charge Reddie Stanley, 24, with theft of property.


According to a probable cause affidavit from Detective Marcia Oliver, the alleged victim said she was at the Money Gram counter at Wal-Mart on Oct. 22 and took her credit card out of her wallet, used it, then put it back in the wallet. The alleged victim said she left her wallet on the counter by accident, and when she returned to the counter a few minutes later, the wallet was missing.


Deputy Prosecutor Nicole Pugh said the alleged victim was later contacted by Wal-Mart security officers who had video of a man, later identified as Stanley, who was also at the counter, picking up the wallet, leaving the counter for a few minutes, then returning to fill out papers.


Store video also showed Stanley leaving the store parking lot a few minutes later in a truck.


According to the affidavit, when Stanley was located Thursday, he allegedly admitted picking up the wallet, but said he gave it to his cousin while still at the store to return to the owner. When asked if the cousin had ridden to Wal-Mart with Stanley, he allegedly said no and told police the cousin had been dropped off by another person. Stanley also allegedly denied that he was driving the truck that left the parking lot and told police he didn’t have a driver’s license.


Pugh said Stanley is currently on probation, which prompted the cash-only bond.


Stanley said he would hire his own attorney.