There is a slight risk of severe weather today in Southeast Arkansas as a storm system that has rocked Oklahoma, Texas and Kansas continues to grow and move to the east and northeast.
There is a slight risk of severe weather Tuesday in Southeast Arkansas as a storm system that has rocked Oklahoma, Texas and Kansas continues to grow and move to the east and northeast.
The risk of severe weather will be moderate to strong to the north and west of the local region.
According to several weather sources, the chance of rain here with isolated and then scattered thunderstorms — some of which could be severe with damaging hail and winds — will be at about 40 percent through the early evening. The high temperature for the day is estimated at 84 degrees.
The chance of precipitation will increase to 60 percent by nightfall. Tuesday’s overnight low is predicted at 67 degrees. Although conditions here aren’t expected to be favorable for tornado development, that possibility can’t be ruled out.
Overnight Tuesday, the precipitation likelihood will grow to 70 percent. The chance of rain is expected to fall to about 30 percent by 8 a.m. Wednesday.
The total rainfall here is expected to be between 1 and 2 inches.
In recent days, tornadoes have resulted in deaths, injuries and widespread property damage in Oklahoma and Texas. Today’s area of possibly severe weather conditions stretches from the same states into Louisiana and Arkansas into Missouri and much of the nation’s Midwest.
The Oklahoma City area was especially hard hit in a tornado outbreak on Monday.
Several national television storm-chasing teams will be in Arkansas on Tuesday, as they were Monday.