The right way to tango with a mango
Tips for peeling and cutting a mango:
• It is easier to use a peeler instead of a knife.
• When you are done peeling the mango, use a paper towel to blot it dry. This will help make the mango much less sticky and easier to handle.
• When slicing the mango, pay attention to its shape. The pit is flat and in the center of the mango where the fruit is the widest.
• The National Mango Board suggests slicing each side around the seed while keeping the skin on. You’ll have a middle slice to discard that contains the big pit.
• On each half, slice the flesh in vertical lines or a grid pattern, without cutting the skin, then scoop out.
This mango and apple slicer and corer can help make your mango experience much easier, or try this steel mango slicer, peeler, cutter and splitter.
Disclosure: We earn commissions from purchases made after clicking curated product links